TP Link Setup
TP Link is a leading consumer electronics brand that has a global customer base for its ingenious Networking Devices, particularly Routers and Range Extenders. It pioneers in avant-garde, user-centric Networking technology that forms the base of its best-in-class Routers. These intuitively designed Routers offer enhanced Internet Speeds and extensive Coverage. Besides, they are appreciated for their ease of deployment and management. In order to experience the full potential of these state-of-the-art Routers, a user-friendly TP Link Setup process is essential.
Minimum System Requirement
- Central Processing Unit: Intel Core2 Duo P8700/2.5 (3 GHz or above)
- System Memory: 4GB or above
- Hard Disk: 64GB SATA II SSD (Min. I/O speed of 200MB/s)
- Network Adaptor: 100/1000M Network Adaptor
In-depth Overview Of TP Link Setup
TP Link Setup is a quick and easy process that doesn’t demand any specific technical knowledge. This process can be conveniently categorized into few distinct stages to avoid any confusion. As such, simply follow the given step-by-step instructions for a smooth and hassle free experience.
- First and foremost, unbox your TP Link Router login with utmost care. Properly remove all the packaging material without causing any damage to the Device.
- Now, place the device at a convenient location that is close to your Network Access Point i.e. the Modem.
- Disconnect your Modem from its Power Source. In other words, unplug its Power Cable from the Wall Outlet to turn it off.
- Next, you should use an Ethernet Cable to connect this Router to your Modem for TP Link Setup. For this, properly plug in one end of this Cable into the Modem’s Ethernet Port. Similarly, plug in its other end to the Router’s Ethernet Port.
- Thereafter, you must connect the Router to a stable Power Source. For this, you can hook it up to a Wall Outlet by means of the accompanied Power Cord. Now, switch on the Wall Socket. Then, turn on the Router by switching on its Power Switch. This will light up the Router’s Power LED.
- Along with that, reconnect your Modem to its Power Source. Then, turn it on. Make sure its Power LED lights up and remain stable. This may take a couple of minutes.
- Subsequently, TP Link Setup requires you to connect the Router to your Computer/ Laptop. Before that, make sure that your System is not connected to any Internet Network. Now, hook up this Router to your Computer by means of an Ethernet Cable.
- This completes the first stage of your TP Link Setup process.
- Once you have completed the Hardware Setup, approach your Computer for TP Link Setup.
- Launch a commonly available Web Browser on your Computer by clicking on the respective Browser icon.
- Now, go to the required webpage for accessing your Router’s Setup window. In other words, type in “http://192.168.0.1” or “tplinkwifi.net” in the Browser’s Address Bar. Then, hit the “Enter” key.
- On the following webpage, a Security Warning pop-up box will appear. It seeks the Username and Password of your Router to access the TP Link Setup window. Hence, correctly enter the Router’s default credentials as given at the bottom of your Device. In most of the cases, the Username and Password is “admin”.
- Thereafter, click on “OK” or “TP Link Login” to “Sign In” to your Router.
Configure The Network
- As you login to your Router, you get a TP Link Setup window. Here, you should look at the left-hand panel for a list of options. Select the “Quick Setup” option.
- This will bring up its “Quick Setup” initial window. Click “Next” to proceed further.
- Now, you will get the WAN Connection Type window. Here, you can select any of the available options as per the Settings of your Internet Connection. However, it is recommended to opt for “Dynamic IP”. Then, click “Next”.
- On the following MAC Clone window, select “No, I am using non-clone Modem”. Then, click “Next”.
- The following window prompts you for “Wireless Dual Band Selection”. Most of the recent TP Link Routers supports both wireless connections i.e. 2.4GHz and 5GHz. You can select any of the available options as per your preference. However, it is suggested to choose the option that says “Concurrently with 2.4GHz and 5GHz(802.11a/b/g/n/ac)”.
- Then, click “Next”.
- This leads you to the 2.4GHz Connection Setup window. It requires you to set certain Settings. To begin with, enter a name of your choice in the “Wireless Network Name (SSID)” field. Now, click on the drop-down box beside “Region”. Then, select an appropriate option.
- Thereafter, select the “Enable Security (WPA-PSK/ WPA2-PSK)” option from the Wireless Security section.
- After that, provide a unique and strong Password in the “PSK Password” field.
- Then, click “Next”.
- As a result, it brings up the 5GHz Connection Setup window. Once again, set the “Wireless Network Name (SSID)”, “Region”, and “PSK Password”.
- Then, click “Next” for TP Link Setup.
- This brings up the Configuration Confirmation window. Click “Finish” to complete the process.
- Now, you can connect your Computer to the Router’s Network. For this, click on the Network Access icon located at the bottom right-hand corner. Then, select your Router’s Network Name. Click “Connect”. When prompted, provide the related “Password”. Thereafter, click “OK” to conclude the TP Link Setup process.