TP link extender setup
This manual will assist you how to set up your range extender by using different methods i.e via Tether Application, Using the WPS Push Button, and by accessing the Web-Based Setup page.
Method 1: Use TP-Link Tether Application to Setup Your Range Extender
- The foremost step for TP Link Extender Setup is to install the Tether application. Launch either “Play Store” or “App Store” depending upon your mobile device i.e Android or iOS.
- Look for the TP-Link Tether application by typing it in the search bar. Once the application is displayed on your mobile screen, select it and then tap “Install”.
- Tap Open. Following this, you have to create a TP-Link ID by tapping on the “Sign UP” option. In the first place, input an authentic email address that you want to link with the TP-Link Tether application.
- The next step involves generating a password. You can include between 6-32 alphanumeric characters in your password.
- Within the email, select the “Click to Finish Registration” tab and the Activation Succeeded window will come into view. Now, go to the application and tap on the “Activate & Login” tab.
- Now, plug your extender into the wall outlet near to your router. Doing so, the LED lights of your extender will start flickering.
- Once the LED lights are stable, pair your mobile device with your Extender. To do so, open “Settings”, then select the “Wireless & Networks” option and enable the Wifi toggle button. Select the Default TP-Link Extender name which you can easily find on the back of your extender.
- Continuing with this, open the Tether app and tap on the “Plus” icon given at the top-right corner of the main interface. With this, your Extender Model Name will be shown to you. Select it.
- Thereafter, set a difficult admin password and tap “Create” and the application will start scanning for the host network. Then, it will display a list of routers, make a selection for your specific router. Specify your network password into its allocated field and then tap “Next” for TP Link Extender Setup.
- The confirmation window will be presented on your screen. Verify your Network Name and Password and tap “Next”. A new window will pop-up on your screen where you can change your Extender name. Hence, set a new name and tap “Apply”. Now, reconnect to your Extender’s network by pressing “Connect”.
- A pop-up box will get displayed, tap “Join” for completing TP Link Extender Setup. When connected, you will automatically be logged into the Tether application.
Method 2: Perform TP Link Extender Setup Using WPS Push Button
It is to be noted that TP-Link Extender and router must be enabled with a WPS Push button to set up your extender with this method. Thus, for TP Link Extender Setup, pursue the steps that are quoted below:
- In the initial stage, plug your extender into a power source that must be near to your router.
- On your router, press the WPS Push button and make sure that WPS LED flickers.
- To build a strong connection among your router and extender, locate and press the WPS push button on your extender.
- The wireless LED light on your extender will start blinking indicating that the connection has been successfully established.
Method 3: Setup Your Extender Through Web-Based Setup Page
- To commence TP Link Extender Setup, power on your extender by plugging it into the electrical outlet. From the Wifi list, select the default name of your extender i.e TP-LINK_Extender.
- Now, visit tplinkrepeater.net by running a web browser. Generate a password for signing into your range extender, confirm the password, and click Start.
- A new window containing a list of nearby routers will turn up on your screen. Select your specific router, input its password, and press “Next”.
- You will get to see the “Review the Settings” pop-up box on your screen, click Confirm. Continuing with this, set a name for your extended network name and then click Next.
- Once the settings that you have changed are successfully applied, click “Done”.
- Now, pair your PC with the new extended network name, provide its password and click Join. Finally, click Finish. This concludes the TP Link Extender Setup process.